Thursday, May 21, 2015

2015 So Far

Where the Bloody Hell did the First Half of the Year Go?? - A Memoir In Photos

The year started with "Paula Goulding & Shane McAvinchey's Dance Show Masterclass". A weekend of working on performance skills and stage presence. Although I was off to Dillingen for a short performance from Saturday night to Sunday, I was able to join for part of Saturday and most of Sunday. We worked on several steps and some choreographies - it was all lots of good fun and I was given a solo piece in the slip jig and then I died a little bit ! !

Shane & Paula 





A couple of classmates also invited me to watch their band Altpapier do a gig at the Feierwerk Südpolstation which I'd actually frequent while we still lived in the neighbourhood.

These boys are lovely - you should have a look at their facebook page!

Michael lost four of his teeth and looked very gappy


I was also invited to watch the boys from Zebrathought play at Backstage again, this time preceded by Chris Schummert, and followed by Kensington Road

The boys were fantastic as per usual



I really did enjoy listening to Chris's set - he played Wagon Wheel and I was very happy


Kensington Road has probably been the most exciting to shoot. I was stressed out as hell switching between shutter speeds and whatnot but damn do I love how they turned out.


February was a pretty nice and *kind of* relaxed month. I went for a running sushi Valentine's date with my lovely Kati and she got me a cute little chocolate heart - isn't she the best? February was also a month of reading a lot of literature for English, which I did kind of enjoy.

Then it was March!! And March hardly existed. It started with rehearsals for the show "Journey to Ireland". I remember every show but everything in between is a little bit hazy - my typical day was something like this: get up, go to school, go to rehearsals, come home, eat, shower, sleep, repeat.
Our tour started on March the 11th in Puchheim. After that the days really were a bit of a blur and I may have pulled a sickie or two from school ! !
Early morning on stage at the Amerika Haus

Dressing room shenanigans

PC to Robert Heberger - You might not be able to tell, but I really enjoyed being on that stage


The Crew

Not to mention, the girls I'd been teaching in Dillingen finally got to their performance days and just to say it humbly, we nailed it.

I had 4 days to recuperate and then I was off again, this time to Karlsruhe, where this year's Model European Council was based. All of the delegations (save the ones from Alicante and Varese) had been housed at a hostel close to the central station and every morning of the two day conference we'd be put on buses and taken off to Strasbourg to the actual European Parliament (!!)
Markéta here is my MEC baby

Council 2

The Spanish delegation. We killed it.


After my little political escapade to Strasbourg the Easter holidays started. We had originally planned for me to stay at home in Munich, while the rest of the family went to Denmark, so that I could be left in peace to study but because of a family member's unfortunate passing we had a funeral to attend. Even though it was under sad circumstances it was really lovely to see the extended family again.
The Hohwy Cousins, guess the siblings.

Back in Munich we had a little birthday celebration for my favourite Thai/Austrian hot mess, Benni. We spent a good 6 hours in the kitchen, preparing two kilos of salmon for sushi, as well as making guacamole out of 15 avocados. Somehow, it was all gone by the end of the night.


The day after, Benni, Julie and I decided to go "Circus of Food" - a foodtruck festival, and let me tell you, I think I died and went to heaven. There was so much food that looked to amazing that it was really really difficult to decide on what to eat because after a while your stomach was just too full. Just a few examples of the foods we tried:
A salmon burger in a sourdough bun with a soy and honey sauce. Yum. 

Julie and Benni both tried this Buddha Bowl and graciously let me have a bite. Yum. 

And these delightful little cups of rice pudding made on coconut milk. Yum.

The week after we celebrated Tontie's birthday. We started out at a place called "Far East" where Tonts treated us all to dinner (I had the most amazing spicy fish soup - just the right amount of chilli. Jesus Christ I think I'm actually in love with food) 

Tonts was pretty excited about her gift box, though perhaps the alcohol played a little factor in that excitement...

And then at some point, sometime suddenly everything sprang into blossom and our garden was absolutely beautiful. It was so nice to go to the different corners of the garden and see what my mum had planted.


And that's pretty much what I've been up to this year. 









No comments:

Post a Comment